The Challenge

This idea is wholly that of Jen's from her oh-so-inspiring blog, "A Year of Living Charitably". When I read her blog, I felt challenged to see if I could do what she and her family are doing this year, extending some charitable act each and every day.

Won't you join us?

PS - I'm not a daily blogger, so if you want daily, definitely read Jen's blog. This blog is mostly for my own amusement. If you are also amused, please check back every once in a while.


Sunday, January 25, 2009

Parenting Workshop

Steffi is participating in the Coming of Age program at the UU Fellowship and I've volunteered to lead parenting workshops during some of the kids' sessions.

WHAT I'M DOING:

Planning and leading Parenting Workshops for parents of 12-14 year olds.

HOW LONG:
An hour and a half for each of 6 sessions plus planning time of probably three hours per session.

IMPACT:
Hopefully I'll be able to help ten families enjoy the teen years with their kids - working with their kids rather than battling them.

WORTH IT?
We'll see, but the first session went really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment