The Challenge

This idea is wholly that of Jen's from her oh-so-inspiring blog, "A Year of Living Charitably". When I read her blog, I felt challenged to see if I could do what she and her family are doing this year, extending some charitable act each and every day.

Won't you join us?

PS - I'm not a daily blogger, so if you want daily, definitely read Jen's blog. This blog is mostly for my own amusement. If you are also amused, please check back every once in a while.


Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby Do You Need a Ride?

I spent a large chunk of time today in meetings - the first of which ran a little long. This meant that our host was in danger of missing her bus.

WHAT WE DID:
Noticing that she was running out of time, I offered her a ride to campus so she wouldn't feel so rushed.

HOW LONG:
No more than 5 minutes out of my way, if that.

IMPACT:
We were able to wrap up our meeting without the stress of running over time, even though we had.

WORTH IT?
Not only did I help a friend, I got company on the ride home, so yes, totally worth it.

I was also a recipient of a small charitable act this morning - I was running late to my first meeting of the day and hadn't eaten, so I stopped by the bakery. The man in front of me seemed to sense that I was in a hurry (I did have my money out before I even got to the counter), and invited me to go ahead of him. This probably saved me five minutes, so I was very grateful for this small act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment