The Challenge

This idea is wholly that of Jen's from her oh-so-inspiring blog, "A Year of Living Charitably". When I read her blog, I felt challenged to see if I could do what she and her family are doing this year, extending some charitable act each and every day.

Won't you join us?

PS - I'm not a daily blogger, so if you want daily, definitely read Jen's blog. This blog is mostly for my own amusement. If you are also amused, please check back every once in a while.


Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cookie Orders

WHAT I DID:
Today the troops' initial cookie orders were due. I reviewed each and every order to make sure none of the troops are getting stuck with cookies they won't be able to sell. I also reviewed all the girls' orders looking for speculation orders that didn't look right and contacted the troops that needed help. (This is completely not in the job description!)

HOW LONG:
Probably about three hours.

IMPACT:
At least ten of the 27 troops should have a more pleasant, successful sale because they will have a mix of cookies that they can sell - and won't be stuck with two cases of Sugar Free Chocolate Chip when they've sold out of everything else.

WORTH IT?
We'll see at the end of the sale. So far the feedback has been very positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment