The Challenge

This idea is wholly that of Jen's from her oh-so-inspiring blog, "A Year of Living Charitably". When I read her blog, I felt challenged to see if I could do what she and her family are doing this year, extending some charitable act each and every day.

Won't you join us?

PS - I'm not a daily blogger, so if you want daily, definitely read Jen's blog. This blog is mostly for my own amusement. If you are also amused, please check back every once in a while.


Thursday, January 15, 2009

Challenge Extended

I'm so inspired by A Year of Living Charitably!

Here is the email that brought this project to my attention:
We're still in L.A. Visiting for the week, exploring museums and looking for ways to help the world (or at least a neighbor) while enjoying our stay. Today we wrapped up a pantry-cleaning project here at Mom's house by taking the gleanings to The Los Angeles Food Bank. The place is HUGE! But we learned that no matter how big the charity, and no matter how small our donation, it all helps!

This was part of our 2009 project -? a year of charitable deeds. I'm reporting on our projects, in hopes of encouraging others to get involved in their communities and to help keep us on track, on a dedicated blog - http://charitabledeeds.blogspot.com/ You can subscribe to the blog for free (directions are on the blog) or lurk. We'd love for you to take part in our family project.

If you like the idea, please spread the word. :)

Jenni

www.charitabledeeds.blogspot.com

www.jenpb.blogspot.com

www.BestFamilyAdventures.com



This is such a powerful idea that I decided to take the idea as a challenge for myself, to see if I could live more charitably. I'm not as disciplined of a writer as Jenni, but I'd like to try to report here every day.

Challenge Extended - Challenge Accepted.

Won't you join us?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm flattered! I'm so glad to see my project taking wings. Thanks for linking to my blog, too. :) Best of luck with your charitable deeds.

    ReplyDelete