The Challenge

This idea is wholly that of Jen's from her oh-so-inspiring blog, "A Year of Living Charitably". When I read her blog, I felt challenged to see if I could do what she and her family are doing this year, extending some charitable act each and every day.

Won't you join us?

PS - I'm not a daily blogger, so if you want daily, definitely read Jen's blog. This blog is mostly for my own amusement. If you are also amused, please check back every once in a while.


Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cookie Mania

Okay, I'm a very involved community volunteer. One of the things I'm doing right now is the job of Service Unit Cookie Manager - facilitating 200 Girl Scouts in their annual cookie sale.

WHAT I'M DOING:
Training, sharing information, helping troop cookie managers make sense of the cookie sale.

HOW LONG:
Hours and hours. Today alone I spent at least an hour reporting problems, emailing answers, responding to troops, responding to our council employee. And today was a light day...

IMPACT:
I'm determined to make the sale easier for the troops this year. Our council has changed significantly this year, and a lot of the cookie stuff is totally new and some of that isn't working very well yet.

WORTH IT?
I think so. I'm good at the job, I care about doing a good job, and I'm very detail oriented. Even though some of the troops are frustrated with all the changes, I know I'm buffering a lot of the potential problems from them. Some of them might have given up by now, and then the girls in their troops wouldn't have the support they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment